I've had these near completed for a while, but I finally got around to doing them. I mounted the casualty figures on 40mm washers, smoothed the step effect away with acrylic caulk, glued some sand on and painted them. Now I can add some grim reality to the games, putting down casualties where they occur. I considered painting some blood here and there, but decided against it. It's difficult to do realistic blood in 6mm. I also put some of the smaller Silflor tufts I had here and there, to see if they're appropriate for the scale. I think they work just fine.
"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we would grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee.