Monday, February 12, 2018

Orc reinforcements

My pile of unpainted old/middlehammer orcs&goblins has grown worryingly so I suppose I have to do something about that too.



The boar boyz and big 'uns have been nearly complete for almost a year now. First I needed to wait for those original paper banners. Then I tried to find some shield decals and then.. I just hate doing shields sometimes so I kept them on the shelf instead of finishing them. Now that I painted Ruglug's Armored Orcs I finally completed the whole batch. Doing those shield decals freehand on the big 'uns and boar boyz was no fun but I console myself with the thought that orcs aren't exactly artists themselves so quick and crude shield symbols will do.


The original Ruglug's Armored orcs are probably some of the worse orc sculpts for Warhammer but I've had a bunch for probably a decade now so I had to give them some love eventually. In contrast, the Big 'Uns are some of the best orc sculpts Citadel ever made in my opinion!


 
The boar boyz are ok. The boars are of course pretty dull but at least now I have some orcish cavalry where there used to be none. 








5 comments:

  1. Nice green skins. I like the red armor on Ruglud´s boyz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just agrax earthshade on Vallejo flat red. I thought about doing a round or two of highlights, maybe some scratches too, but ended up getting lazy. Good enough.

      Delete
  2. Skintone is very nice. How did you achieve that vibrant color?
    Also you should get Nazgob Orc Shaman, and Grotfang Orc Warboss on Boar to the picture. They go well with this army as they were part of the same release wave for Idol of Gork campaign. But please take pic with no Ruglud's orcs. Maybe Idol of Gork scenery in background. That would be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skin tone is just Goblin green + thraka green wash, followed by two or three highlights of goblin green plus a bit of white. Grotfang is already on my painting desk and I have a Nazgob or two in my Lead Pile, but I don't have the idol, unfortunately. You are right in that they would complement the set nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes with these 2 characters the set would be complete! Keep them coming. That really makes me wanna paint mine orcs, but I already have schedule my projects and sadly these big 'unz and boar boyz not gonna see paints any soon.

      Delete