Saturday, September 7, 2013

First 6mm space marines done

I got a bit excited about the 6mm epic space marines I got so I had to paint some up and get it out of my system before resuming work on the greeks. The figures themselves were super quick to paint and even though I spent more time on the bases than the models, I think I did this tactical detachment in two hours tops.

I went for a Mars/dusty desert look using Vallejo powder to help me out. What do you think? Nailed it? Note that I ran out of varnish before doing these so There's nothing to fix the dust in place yet.



1 comment:

  1. Ah 6mm! Small scale is rather strange to anyone who is used to paint 28mm. Mini takes couple of minutes but base takes - well most of the time. And base is the first (and sometimes only) thing to be noticed.

    You have done very great job on these. Green stands out very well from dusty looking environment where these little warrior are standing. Very Dune like feeling - great job!

    ReplyDelete