Monday, July 29, 2013

Battletech Alpha Strike out now



Just a note that you can now purchase the standalone version of the Battletech Quick-Strike miniatures rules as a downloadable PDF for fifteen US dollars. It will also be released as a hardback book later but the cost will be three times as much so I grabbed mine now here: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/117408/BattleTech-Alpha-Strike?src=FrontPage.


At a glance, the quick-strike rules seem to be intact, but there's a whole lot of meat around the bones to add all the non-mech elements of 31st century warfare into the mix and run a campaign. Lots of eye candy too. For a more detailed coverage head over to Itinerant Hobbyist's blog. He seems to have an in depth tutorial running.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout!

    There's a lot of chrome in these rules for people to make t as complicated a they want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, all the aerospace stuff takes quite a bit of space and I'm not sure how many people will use them, but I suppose they had pages to spare :)

      Delete
  2. If you ever get chance to play test this let us know.

    (I am so stuck to 90s in battletech, it might be good time to crawl back to present but this Perifery where I live sucks like an extractor. Even 40k is rare...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Where do you live? I live in Kuopio and I'm going to Tampere for Warcon this autumn so there's a couple of options to get this on the table. I have a bunch of BT mini's to play with but no sci-fi terrain yet. I'm working on that though :)

      Delete
  3. When this Warcon is (ok, google is out there but I found only 2012...). I have some 6 mm terrain like this:

    http://kullervosniche.blogspot.fi/2013/08/6-mm-terrain-purge.html

    + something generic to 6-15 mm.

    And my location is Seinäjoki at least now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go: http://www.lautapeliseura.fi/foorumi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12848

      Tampere is close enough ;)

      Delete