Friday, January 25, 2019

Throwback: My Vampire Counts ca. 1999-2001

I decided to dust off some old figures that haven't seen the light of day in a while. Apart from using some of the undead in Warhammer Quest games these haven't seen the outside of their case since maybe 2005 or so.

This was the first army I painted to completion. I started doing these after getting rid of my first orc army in the 90's. It was still fifth edition and I started doing this for the first vampire counts book in about 1999 and finished maybe 2001 for sixth. The painting is suitably crude, especially the bases, but they're still usable. I remember being a fan of Romero movies back then and it definitely shows in the zombies. I remember having a blast painting them.

This army used to have a grave guard unit with halberds but someone paid me silly "rare-money" for those so I gave them up.

















No comments:

Post a Comment