Saturday, May 15, 2021

Bridge of Khazad Dum diorama

`I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.'

The Balrog made no answer. The fire in it seemed to die, but the darkness grew. It stepped forward slowly on to the bridge, and suddenly it drew itself up to a great height, and its wings were spread from wall to wall; but still Gandalf could be seen, glimmering in the gloom; he seemed small, and altogether alone: grey and bent, like a wizened tree before the onset of a storm.

 

 

 

 

 I've dreamed of making this diorama for years, but I've missed several pieces of the puzzle. I needed to get plaster molds for the rock faces, print out the pillars on my 3D-printer, get a texture roller for the surface.. and oh yes, learn how to do OSL effects with my airbrush. But in the end? Worth it! I'm really happy with the results, especially with my limited experience with the airbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment